An Obsession with Everything Else

http://www.derrickschneider.com/atom.xml

Monday, August 28, 2006

Manifesto Games

I've monitored Greg Costikyan's blog for a while now, reading along as he worked to create a video game company that would give creative, independent game designers a way to attract a wider audience. He believes that large game publishers squash edgy, quirky titles in the same way that book publishers only market safe bets. Interesting books, or games, rely on the random nature of word-of-mouth praise.


After a lot of work, he recently launched Manifesto Games to bring fresh games into the world, or at least to provide a marketplace for those games. Expect interesting and charming games. I've downloaded a demo of DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold, which Ed recommended. (Not that Ed). Even a short moment into this amusing and addictive game, I'm not asking myself if I want to buy the full game: I'm asking myself if I should.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home