An Obsession with Everything Else

http://www.derrickschneider.com/atom.xml

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Wind it Up

Driving into work today, I heard the new Gwen Stefani single "Wind It Up" (streaming at her site). Stefani's work fills a particular need that I share with other developers: beat-heavy music that provides energy and rhythm while I program. My baseline playlist ignores the opera in my library and goes straight to Erasure, Rihanna, and so forth. I need beats more than good music per se.


I'll be buying Wind It Up as soon as it appears on iTunes. Not only does it feature heavy beats, but it remixes "The Lonely Goatherd" from The Sound of Music. The uber-gay DJ's on 92.7 summed up the song when they said, "It makes me want to put on my Swiss Miss girl outfit and dance around."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home