An Obsession with Everything Else

http://www.derrickschneider.com/atom.xml

Monday, April 09, 2007

Wish Jar Journal's Anti-Advertising Crusade

My friends and family often ask me if I take ads on OWF. They're usually surprised that I don't leverage OWF's few-thousand-strong readership into some extra cash. The main reason that I don't is that I do not support the concept of advertising everywhere. "Everyone does it," they say. Or "People just ignore them anyway." But I don't like having ads constantly in my face, and I like to believe my readers don't either. I choose to make my tiny strike back at consumerism.



Keri Smith of Wish Jar Journal feels the same way. Melissa sent me this link, which includes one of the most astonishing McDonald's ads I've seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home