An Obsession with Everything Else

http://www.derrickschneider.com/atom.xml

Monday, September 24, 2007

Georges Duboeuf's Fifth Beaujolais Harvest!

I got a press release today whose subject line was “Georges Duboeuf Sees His Fifth Harvest in Beaujolais.” That threw me for a second: Duboeuf is the guy who single-handedly created Beaujolais Nouveau as a media event, and I’m pretty sure he’s been in the region for a long time.

The body of the email held the corrected text in the subheading: “Georges Duboeuf Sees Fifth August Harvest In Beaujolais.” Normally, the Beaujolais harvest happens later, but this year excessive heat brought the grapes to the winery in August.

I might make fun, but the erroneous subject line did get me to open the email. Maybe it’s a subtle ploy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home