An Obsession with Everything Else

http://www.derrickschneider.com/atom.xml

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Exclusive Reviews For Videogames

I'm listening to the Wii-k in Review podcast, and Matt Cassamassina mentioned that companies will often give IGN an exclusive review, but only if the game is going to get above a particular score.

He defends the practice, but he admits that it sounds sleazy. I think it sounds sleazy, and I think it's bad practice. IGN isn't changing their score to appeal to a publisher, but they are guaranteeing good coverage if they get the exclusive review.

I don't know; seems borderline ethical to me. 

1 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not just borderline ethical, but also a bad idea. But, we seem to be in the Era of Bad Ideas, so I'm sure it will go forth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home