An Obsession with Everything Else

http://www.derrickschneider.com/atom.xml

Thursday, November 15, 2007

ThinkGeek Adds Cast Puzzles

I noticed that ThinkGeek now carries a few Hanayama Cast puzzles. These are, to my mind, among the very best commercially produced puzzles. The folks at Hanayama, spurred on years ago by the late Nob Yoshigahara, seek out quality designs from the best designers in the world. In the ThinkGeek set, I particularly recommend Enigma, Baroq, O'Gear, and Chain. Star and Laby are entertaining, but not particularly interesting. And as I've mentioned before, Puzzle Master has an even better selection.

2 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger Michael Dietsch said...

Huh. Saw these at Barnes and Noble just last week and was wondering whether they were good. Thought of grabbing a couple as desk toys for the office.

Serendipitous post, Mr. S!

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Derrick said...

Dietsch,

If they carry it, get Cuby. Same designer as O'Gear, but it's really one of the world's great puzzles. The original wooden version that I own is one of the gems of my collection.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home