An Obsession with Everything Else

http://www.derrickschneider.com/atom.xml

Monday, February 26, 2007

Worst Buy

I don't expect Best Buy employees to care about their jobs.



I don't expect Best Buy employees to care about me.



But don't you think the video game guy should know the big-title video games coming out THIS VERY WEEK?



I sat on a phone for a couple minutes, patiently trying to spell "SSX Blur" to the apathetic clerk helping me. My co-workers were busting up around me: "SSX Blur" "What was that sir?" "SSX Blur" "What's the second word again?" "Blur" "Can you spell that" "B-L-U-R" "Can you spell the game name?" "S-S-X-SPACE-B-L-U-R" "What's the second word again?" "Blur. You know, like blurry, you can't see very well?" "Oh, blurry" "No, just blur" "Oh. That's not in our system."



Shouldn't his much-vaunted system know that the game will arrive TOMORROW? That's what I wanted to know: Is it in today? Or do you get it tomorrow?



On the other hand, maybe his system does know. Maybe he just didn't spell it right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home